Western Pacific Railroad Museum is very proud of their Operating Department. These folks are the crew that other railroad museum and tourist railroad crews strive to be.
Their records for safety and satisfaction are second to none. And they invite you to join them. No experience required, we train!
If you are interested in becoming a weekend railroader and joining this outstanding crew, the requirements are simple:
1. Ability to follow rules and instructions.
2. Ability and willingness to work as a team in a teamwork environment.
3. Ability to smile.
4. Pleasant, friendly, outgoing personality
5. Good personal hygiene & proper "public" friendly attire
6 Willing to attend a mandatory rules and training class each season and pass a written exam
7. Must attend the pre-work "Job Briefing" prior to the start of
each operating day. Those that miss the "Job Briefing" will NOT be allowed to serve on the train crew that day. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8. Ability to laugh (both at others and yourself)
9. Friendly attitude
10. Ability and willingness to work as a team in a teamwork environment.
(yeah, we put that in there twice on purpose, as it's most important)
11. At least 16 years old
(under 18 with parents consent)
If you are interested in joining our crew, talk to one of our Operating Department Supervisors, or