The work party previously cancelled due to bad weather has been rescheduled for May 19th & 20th.
The work session will kick off Saturday with a breakfast in the Silver Plate dining car starting at 9 AM.
We will also be providing lunch on Saturday and Sunday for the volunteer work crews.
Breakfast will include:
If we get enough people, Eugene might be persuaded to make beignets again, which were a big hit a few years ago at a Silver Plate breakfast.
Work includes a lot of clean up and light repair on various areas include cabs and interiors of regularly on display equipment, the Diesel Shop along with the Display Room, restrooms, Store and Meeting Room, repair / retouch signage, and do some grounds work.
Of course, this will be weather dependent.
We are waiting word on some assistance from some scout troops out of Reno as well.
Full work list:
- Clean cab interior of WP 501
- Clean cab interior of WP 708
- Clean cab interior of UP 6946 (including nose)
- Clean interior of Pullman 8300 Troop Sleeper
- Clean Museum Store, reorganize desk area
- Clean, vacuum and deodorize Edenwold
- Clean Shower and Lounge cars, including refrigerator and cabinets
- Clean Boardroom
- Clean and light reorganization of Display Room
- Sweep Diesel Shop floor and clean / organization public spaces
- Plant wildflower bed near Malfunction Jct.
- Redo hours on entrance sign at gate
- Redo Diesel Shop entrance sign
- Prep and mount additional information signs on equipment
- Clean baggage car
- Clean Silver Plate
- Replace rear entry door on lounge car.(We have the door)
- Trim trees and bushes along balloon track. (On going yearly project)
- Cut weeds along South side of the balloon track from grade crossing too Edenwold crossing
- Cut weeds along entry road
- Paint all areas of green trim and doors around the museum and out buildings
Please come join us to help get ready for the museum opening for 2018...